The resistance band bicep curl is a great way to strengthen your biceps without using a barbell or dumbbells. For that reason this is a great exercise for beginners or anyone with an injury or weak wrists.
Strong biceps not only look great but will help you in everyday life as well, making the bicep curl a must for upper body days.
- Stand on the resistance band with your feet shoulder width apart, hold the opposite side with your hands the same width.
- Your palms should be facing forwards and your shoulder blades should be retracted.
- Keeping your elbows tucked into your sides and your core tight squeeze your biceps to raise your palms to shoulder height.
- Pause at the top before going back down to the starting position. Keep control when returning to the starting position.
- Repeat for your desired reps.
While bicep curls are an isolation movement and predominantly work the bicep muscle group, they also strengthen brachioradialis and the pronator teres.